Wednesday 1 December 2010

Evening Snap-Shots

Yes, hand me over the kitsch and I will keep it up .... up on the windows or up on the shelves:

Mugs are our cup of coffee!

Ouch!
Here you can see some sort of failed advent-decor.
The cloves-ball turned into a weapon, a morning star.

:-/


Having secduced the coworkers at the office with RockyRoad-Brownies today, I decided to cross the Atlantic Ocean tonight and bake some Pfeffernussen, German recipe. I found both recipes on marthastewart.com. Every day a new recipe and they work out really well. Quite funny, me living in Austria downloading a German recipe from an US - website.
That's why I baked "Pfeffernussen" instead of "Pfeffernüsse".

They taste delicious and the scent is 100% Christmas: clove, cinnamon, muscat, piment, pepper.

Time for a cup of chai (black tea spiced with a lot of the spices I put in the Pfeffernussen) and a warm Pfeffernussen.


Here you see the plants in front of the window in the "moonlight". In the background, blurred, are a few red lights. Those are wrapped gifts hanging in the air. They blink and welcome me when I come home. I will take a close up tomorrow.

Good night!

3 comments:

  1. I do appreciate your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ridiculously behind on your posts but there's something to be said for getting a lot of laughs in one go. [Though I do hate you a bit as now I want baked goods.]

    Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, the spices must have some influence on me.

    Vix, yes, this distance-thing called globus is so annoying! Why can't you just come over tomorrow night?
    I wonder if not being native plays a part in the laughters. Funny expressions. If so, why not?

    ReplyDelete