Friday 30 December 2011

Very Superstitious

Friend A warned me to keep my laundry up on the laundry line over new years eve. It is said to bring ill luck. But what if the weekend is the time when do our laundry? That's what we do. Now I am not so sure ...

Any superstitious bloggers around here? Any experiences with ill luck laundry?

Superstitious men would never want a woman on board of their ship. Be warned! I will step on your boat one day. Until then, I am getting ready to fit in your codes. Unfortunately, those dresscoce-guidelines I posted below, are not available in english, since all search engines lead straight to the german website.

Garderobe an Bord
Die Atmosphäre an Bord der Cunard Schiffe ist tagsüber im Allgemeinen leger. Kurze Hosen oder Badebekleidung sind jedoch in den Hauptrestaurants an Bord zu keiner Zeit erwünscht. Legere Bekleidung ist stets im Kings Court Restaurant der QUEEN MARY 2 und im Lido Restaurant der QUEEN VICTORIA und QUEEN ELIZABETH willkommen. Höhepunkte der Kreuzfahrten mit Cunard sind die glanzvollen Abendveranstaltungen an Bord. Um die besonders elegante Atmosphäre der abendlichen Dinner zu unterstreichen, bitten wir Sie, sich zu diesen Anlässen wie für den Besuch eines exklusiven Restaurants zu kleiden.

Für die Abendgarderobe gelten folgende Definitionen:

Formal (formell): Smoking oder alternativ dunkler Anzug für die Herren. Abendkleid oder andere formelle Kleidung für die Damen. Das Ausleihen von formeller Kleidung für Herren ist an Bord möglich.

Semi-formal (semi-formell): Jackett und Krawatte für die Herren; Cocktailkleid, Kostüm oder Hosenanzug für die Damen. Jeans sind nicht erwünscht.

Elegant casual (elegant leger): Für die Herren Jackett ohne Krawatte. Für die Damen Rock oder Hose mit Pullover oder Bluse. Jeans oder Shorts sind nicht erwünscht.

Auf Kreuzfahrten ist die Kleiderempfehlung im Allgemeinen an Seetagen formell, semi-formell oder elegant leger und an Tagen, an denen das Schiff im Hafen liegt, semi-formell bzw. elegant leger. Details erhalten Sie mit Ihren Reiseunterlagen. Die Garderobenvorschläge stehen im Tagesprogramm der Schiffe und sind während des ganzen Abends ab 18.00 Uhr gültig.

Beispiele für Garderobenempfehlungen:

Kreuzfahrten
Erste und letzte Nacht an Bord: elegant leger
Seetage (max. drei pro Woche): formell
Hafentage (mit Abfahrt vor 18 Uhr): semi-formell
Hafentage (mit Abfahrt nach 18 Uhr oder über Nacht): elegant leger

QUEEN MARY 2 Transatlantik-Passagen
Erste und letzte Nacht an Bord: elegant leger
Drei Seetage: formell
Weitere Seetage: semi-formell

I love it, when manners turn into science!

Now I need to get my clothes into the washing machine, there might be a chance I can take the dry washed clothes off the laundry line by tomorrow evening. Keeping my fingers crossed. In German we say "Glück im Spiel, Pech in der Liebe" - Lucky in cards, unlucky in love. I hope this does not apply, since I was lucky and won a prize at déjá pseu's 10 Days Of Chrismukkah.
My brush can use some cleansing

Enough with all the superstition. I leave you while looking forward to eating a fish, starting from the tail, tomorrow around midnight.

5 comments:

  1. we have the same saying regarding the cards. Because my mum usually wins at tarock, I like to think I'm very happy in love ;-)
    I've heard the bit about the laundry too, but I dry mine in our building's laundry room, so it doesn't count. Right?
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also know about the habbit of not leaving any laundry hanging out to dry over New Years. ;-) Don't know, how much truth lies within it, but this year we also took this matter into consideration. Hope, you had a "good slide" and wishing you all the best for the upcoming year - xox, Macs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of the washing superstition, but I hope you got yours dried and put away in good time!
    Wishing you Gluck in der Liebe as well as im Spiel throughout 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, there's a blog award waiting for you on today's post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paula, thanks for the nice comments on my blog. And yes, I actually make a list of monthly goals for myself to complete. It's a great way to motivate myself to finish projects when I'm feeling lazy. I love to make lists. It would probably make you laugh. I have them for all sorts of things! Ha ha! Happy 2012! XO, Jill

    ReplyDelete